Sunday, August 14, 2011

Typhoon and me at work!

August 2, 2011
Journal Entry
It was raining, the classes had been cancelled because of a typhoon but still I am not excuse to go to my practicum. As I was in the bus, all I can see was I think majority were office workers because most of them wear corporate attire, so I assume it. If not office workers, I know that they went out from their house to go to their workplaces. I think this is what differs when you are a student and when you are working. Even there is typhoon; there is no choice but to go to work. More often than not, the reason is not because of professionalism but most, not all, is because for the income.
While in the bus, I was imagining when the time I am working will I also be like them? Will my reason of going to work is about my salary or I am just being professional? Well, I think if I would work those two will be my reason.
I finally arrived at DFA at 9:07 in the morning because I went out of our house the same time I went out yesterday, so the time of my arrival is almost the same time. Again, I say good morning with a smile to Ms. Nadia, and she smiles back to me.
My task for today was to organize files according to countries and to use a puncher on the files afterwards. Looking back, I remember Coach Joannie Agawa taught us how to make it done. It was an easy task but it will test your patience. It is a clerk work, but I would not make it less important job. In fact, somehow, it is crucial because those files were needed for reference; those are important documents that must be kept. Organizing it would make our director or her assistant’s work somehow lighter. Again, I finished the tasked.
As I have said, the classes were cancelled, so Dive and I had planned to extend our time at the office. However, the clouds were so dark outside, heavy rain poured out, so the Office advice us to just go home. The Department also declared that the office hours is only half day. Everyone was already allowed to go home.
I and Dive logged out at 1:08 pm. Joy was absent; she preferred not to report to the office because of the typhoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment