Sunday, August 14, 2011

Honor OAA people!

August 1, 2011
Journal Entry
(Office of the American Affairs)
It’s Monday again and I have to wake up early in the morning to go to my practicum at DFA. I was excited to work but waking up early in the morning at exactly five makes me unagitated. But still, I have to fight the feeling and reflex my muscles. This made me realized that working isn’t really a fun thing to do. The good thing about it is that you’ll get paid, but it is full of sacrifice. I think studying is better than working though.
After struggling if I have to stand up on my bed or not, finally I got dressed up and at seven I went out of our house. I came at DFA at 9: 06. Yes! I was six minutes late and it’s not a good record for a person who is representing our School and God.
I finally arrived at the office, and of course say ‘good morning’ with a smile to the people that I see. This is what you called being polite and it is done to be ethical, also to show how good your God is in your life. I asked Ms. Nadia Benito, of the things that I must do doing the day. I feel the adrenaline during that time.
She doesn’t have idea what I should do, so she told me to just ask our Director. Before that, I was sitting on my desk and I realized that I had been calling Ms. Nadia, ‘Najda’ ever since I met her; I’m calling her with the wrong name. A lesson: know and honor the people around you by calling them with their right names! Good thing, Ms. Nadia was so kind, she still talked to me nicely even I often call her with the name that is not really hers.
Enough about that, Sir Gines gave me a task: to retype, summarize, edit the grammar, and to make an outline copy of a document. I don’t know if I should mention it here, so I better not say it to be safe. Another challenge again for me to do that kind of task: to retype, to summarize, to make an outline is all fine with me, but to correct the grammar – I’m not sure about that. However, I still have to do that so I just pray and really study it and to give my best so that the outcome would be well. I finished it and gave it to my boss. Then another tasked was given to me but it was easy, I just have to continue retyping a document. After all the tasks, Dive, Joy, and I logged out at 12:02 pm. It was a fulfilling day; I had done something that I never did before.

No comments:

Post a Comment