Sunday, August 14, 2011

Entering DFA..

The day of my on job training had already begun! Finally, I am now at the beginning of my working days at DFA.
I was really excited, I seriously chose my attire. I bought new shoes and slacks because I didn’t have any of those. I want to look decent but simple. I want to be presentable, and be prepared as if it is really my first day at work. And at the same time I was also nervous.
Entering DFA as an intern is a great privilege for me. It’s an opportunity for me to learn more about foreign affairs and to be involved in some of the events that they have which I will be talking about here later.
At the first day of work, Mr. Delano assigned me, Joy, and Dive to the office of the American Affairs. The office of American Affairs has 4 divisions: the Division of South America, Canada, United States, and Central America. I was assigned to the South American Division with Director Gines Gallagal.
I was introduced to my new boss with her assistant Nadia, and then shown my own desk. Thereafter, I was given a task already. I was asked to read and research information about FEALAC (Forum of East Asia and Latin America Commission) and summarized it.
After half a day of doing it, I finished it well with the approval of my director. And just like that, the first day of my practicum just ended. I logged out using DTR. Praise the Lord for his goodness reaches me!

No comments:

Post a Comment