Sunday, August 14, 2011

THE benefits

July 21, 2011
Journal Entry

This is the highlight of my week. I had a chance to see our very own Vice President Jejomar Binay. This is what I am saying that it is a great privilege to be an intern of DFA. You will have a chance to meet dignified people. More than that, you will somehow feel that you are part of what they are doing. On that event, I also met the Ambassador of Washington to the Philippines, others are General Consuls, Ambassadors, and ABS-CBN and GMA reporters like Mariz Umali.
What happened was, Ma’am Joc called me last Wednesday evening and asked me and my friends to come to DFA at 7am. We were assigned to help on the registration of an event on the Policy Making of the heads of the consular post for our Kababayans abroad.
The meeting took from 9am-6pm. There were consuls invited to speak, there was an open forum, a bureau of immigration speaker, and of course, our Vice President. The topic was focused on human trafficking and other issues of Filipinos abroad.
During the meeting, there was also morning snack, lunch, and afternoon snack that we also had a chance to have. While the Ambassadors were eating, there was a chorale from DFA that sang and entertained them. What a very nice day. I am looking forward to more events at DFA.
Joy, Dive, and I logged out at 5:05 in the afternoon. We were so tired that time. However, the day was very fulfilling and it made me wonder about my future career. I was encouraged at the same tome challenged! I said to myself, someday we the diplomats are going to meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment