Sunday, August 21, 2011

Lunch with the Professionals


August 9, 2011
Journal Entry 
          The highlight of this day was not on the work that I have done. It is on the free lunch that we had courtesy of Asec. Paez. Not the lunch itself but the good times that Dive and I had during lunch with the people of the Office of American Affairs.
          Before that, I was asked to edit the briefing notes that I did yesterday. I made it up to revision two. I was also asked to research a document and do some clerk work. I also helped Dive in faxing some files to the chief of staff and to human rights office.
          Thereafter, we were asked to stay up to lunch and to bond with the people of the office. It was a very simple but heartwarming experience because we were able to talk to Directors, Assistant Secretary, and other staff of the office. Some of them were Consuls and has a high rank at the office. Our conversation was informal – talking of random stuffs about culture, personal life, different states, our experiences, etc. I was actually asked to share my personal experiences and the culture of Abu Dhabi.
          We also talked stuffs like braces, weight, hair, diet, sizes of the shirt –it was really random but I enjoyed talking to them. They are nice to us and they are humble. They always cracked a joke and the laughs are never ending.
          We ate at the conference room of the office. The food was as nice as our conversation. We had two or three types of ice cream as our dessert. And we had pineapple juice and soft drinks.
I thought they were all serious type of people because when it is working time, you’ll not see anyone chatting or talking. I actually seldom see them eat. As I observed, when it is working time, they will work, when it’s not then, they will find time to relax. It just shows how professional they are.
At the workplace it is good to be always at your best whether working or not. The best way is that we reflect God’s image and characteristics at the workplace. I logged out at 2:09 pm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment