Sunday, March 6, 2011

Music of Vietnam

Vietnamese lull their babies to sleep. This was used not only for babies but Vietnamese sang songs like this to express their feelings like homesickness or a wife misses her husband. 
Vietnamese used music to express themselves. Actually, while I'm looking for informations about Vietnam, I found a music that tells about wars. The message of the songs expresses their feelings of wars, they tried to stop it through their music.

This is a sample lyrics of a Lullaby:
o au o. The lights in Sai Gon are green and red,
The lamps in My Tho are bright and dim,
May you go home to read your books,
I shall wait nine months, I shall wait ten autumns

I think this Lullaby or any other songs of Vietnam shows their culture and history. It shows how important their families for them. Most of families in Vietnam scattered during WWII that made them missed their families. 

Let us pray for the Vietnamese especially for those who still feel and experience the pain of suffering in their country.

No comments:

Post a Comment